We are on an exciting journey building a digital environment for the Knauf Group that is as groundbreaking as our products for the construction industry. If you are looking for a global impact that is shaped by values such as entrepreneurship, commitment, partnership and Menschlichkeit, the position of Infrastructure Specialist - Hybrid Virtualization (m/f/d) could be the ideal challenge for you.
What you'll do
- Maintain & Administrate virtual environment based on VMWare
- Maintain & Administrate cloud environment based on Azure
- Maintain & Administrate physical server infrastructure
- System Monitoring & Performance Tuning
- 3rd Level support
- Documentation and recording in ticket system
Who you are
- Yo have knowledge of IT services related to:
- Microsoft Windows Server administration
- VMWare vSphere administration
- Strong expertise in vMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, vCenter, storage migrations, P2V migrations
- VMWare ESX Server administration
- VMWare Software patching
- Firmware Updates of physical devices (server, tape library, etc.)
- PowerShell scripting
- Experienced with VDI deployment
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and strong service orientation
- Working knowledge of PaaS and IaaS services available on either of cloud platforms listed
- Fluent in English, German will be advantage
What we offer
- An open, dynamic corporate culture with flat hierarchies
- Independent work with creative freedom
- A great multicultural team that jointly shapes our Global IT Transformation
- Continuous individual training and further education
- An open exchange of knowledge within the IT community
- A wide time window for flexible working, including weekly home office days
- A brand new, state-of-the-art loft office
- If you are looking for a variety of challenging tasks with global reach and family atmosphere, then you are most welcome at Knauf IT!
Knauf as an employer
Knauf is an international market leader in the building materials' industry. About 40,000 employees at over 300 locations worldwide generate a turnover of over 12,6 billion euros. The foundation of our success as family business are our corporate values of humanity, partnership, commitment and entrepreneurial spirit. Knauf IT, headquartered in Kitzingen, Germany, is an important driver of the global growth and digital transformation of the Knauf Group. 500 experts are supporting colleagues and customers with modern IT solutions and services.
The Knauf Group is a proud equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment and therefore base all our employment selection decisions, within all aspects of our business, on experience, skill, and integrity. We strongly encourage applicants from all walks of life to apply for our positions, irrespective of age, sex, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, etc.