QA Engineer (m/f/d)
We are on an exciting journey building a digital environment for the Knauf Group that is as groundbreaking as our products for the construction industry. If you are looking for a global impact that is shaped by values such as entrepreneurship, commitment, partnership and Menschlichkeit, the position could be the ideal challenge for you.
What you'll do
- Conduct a wide range of software quality testing and analyze outcomes to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end user requirements.
• Develop and implement test plans, automation, and validation strategies to detect problems in software applications and systems software, ensuring alignment with standards and broader IT strategy.
• Design, create and build test cases and test strategies, along with automation test scripts for one or more assigned software platforms.
• Convert manual test preparation and processes into automated test preparation and processes to drive efficiency.
• Work cross-functionally with product and business teams to create functional and non-functional requirements to understand end user needs.
• Collaborate with the Software Development team understand system requirements and changes to develop and manage the test scenarios for all new development projects.
Strong knowledge of Testing Processes, Techniques, Measures & Metrics.
Who you are
- University degree in IT, Engineering or similar
- 3 years of experience in QA, cloud infrastructure/application testing
- Experience with software testing best practicies and methodologies
• Hands-on experience with test automation tools
• Knowledge of functional API testing (REST and SOAP)
• Understanding of SDLC principles, CI/CD, and Git
• Proven knowledge of at least one programming language: C#, Java, or Python
• Expert knoweldge of SQL and experience working with relational databases
• Understanding cloud computing principles, networking and security pitfalls
- Experience working with Azure
• Experience in .NET (C# and xUnit/NUnit)
• Azure certification is a big plus
• Experience workin in IoT projects is a big plus
- Fluent in English
- Very good communication skills and open-minded personality
- Readiness to work in a structured way on multiple projects
- Ability to quickly prioritize and switch between tasks
- Desire to learn and use new technologies
What we offer
- An open, dynamic corporate culture with flat hierarchies
- Independent work with creative freedom
- A great multicultural team that jointly shapes our Global IT Transformation
- Continuous individual training and further education
- An open exchange of knowledge within the IT community
- A wide time window for flexible working, including weekly home office days
If you are looking for a variety of challenging tasks with global reach and family atmosphere, then you are most welcome at Knauf IT!
Knauf as an employer
Knauf is an international market leader in the building materials' industry. About 40,000 employees at over 300 locations worldwide generate a turnover of over 12,6 billion euros. The foundation of our success as family business are our corporate values of humanity, partnership, commitment and entrepreneurial spirit. Knauf IT, headquartered in Kitzingen, Germany, is an important driver of the global growth and digital transformation of the Knauf Group. 500 experts are supporting colleagues and customers with modern IT solutions and services.
The Knauf Group is a proud equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment and therefore base all our employment selection decisions, within all aspects of our business, on experience, skill, and integrity. We strongly encourage applicants from all walks of life to apply for our positions, irrespective of age, sex, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, origin, religion, etc.
- Plants & Engineering
- Poland - Katowice (IT Service Center)
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Poland - Katowice (IT Service Center)
Workplace & Culture
(Click below to explore more)
About Knauf IT
Knauf IT is a driving force behind the global growth and digital transformation of the family-owned Knauf Group, one of the world's leading manufacturers of building materials. More than 500 experts at Knauf IT are supporting 40,000 employees and the customers of the Knauf Group with modern IT solutions and services at over 300 locations worldwide. Our corporate values of humanity, partnership, commitment and entrepreneurial spirit form the basis for the successful growth to more than 12,6 billion Euro annual sales.
QA Engineer (m/f/d)
Loading application form