(Senior) Data Scientist (m/f/d)
We are on an exciting journey building a digital environment for the Knauf Group that is as groundbreaking as our products for the construction industry. If you are looking for a global impact that is shaped by values such as entrepreneurship, commitment, partnership and Menschlichkeit, the position of (Senior) Data Scientist (m/f/d) could be the ideal challenge for you.
As a (Senior) Data Scientist in the Knauf IT Data Science & Engineering team, you will be part of a young, motivated and innovation-driven team. You will mostly use data from Knauf factories all around the world to derive value for the production process. You will support Knauf in the transformation to a data-driven organization through developing machine learning and deep learning models for high-impact manufacturing projects that generate business value.
What you'll do
- You will develop machine and deep learning models to solve manufacturing use cases
- You will use among others time series data or images in topics such as root-cause analysis, anomaly detection, predictive maintenance or product quality control
- You will identify patterns and trends in manufacturing data to derive business insights
- You will use the Azure cloud environment to develop and implement Data Science solutions (Azure Machine Learning)
- You accompany the business stakeholders from the idea to the customized solution to operation and further development
- Throughout the process you will visualize your results and communicate them to business stakeholders
- You will be the contact person in your area of expertise and design solutions together with an interdisciplinary team of domain experts, cloud developers, devops engineers and data engineers.
Who you are
- You have completed a master’s degree in (business) informatics, mathematics, physics or comparable qualification (PhD is a plus)
- You have an analytical mindset and problem-solving skills and are passionate to solve business problems using data
- You ideally have several years of professional experience in developing and implementing advanced analytics methods for business problems
- You have been programming for several years (ideally in Python), you have worked with git and ideally know about Docker
- You ideally have experience with cloud computing platforms and MLOps
- You have entrepreneurial spirit to drive and lead Data Science projects end-to-end in a cross-functional team
What we offer
- An open, dynamic corporate culture with flat hierarchies
- Independent work with creative freedom
- A great multicultural team that jointly shapes our Global IT Transformation
- Continuous individual training and further education
- An open exchange of knowledge within the IT community
- A wide time window for flexible working, including weekly home office days
- A brand new, state-of-the-art loft office
- Relocation & visa support
If you are looking for a variety of challenging tasks with global reach and family atmosphere, then you are most welcome at Knauf IT!
Knauf as an employer
Knauf is an international market leader in the building materials' industry. About 40,000 employees at over 300 locations worldwide generate a turnover of over 12,6 billion euros. The foundation of our success as family business are our corporate values of humanity, partnership, commitment and entrepreneurial spirit. Knauf IT, headquartered in Kitzingen, Germany, is an important driver of the global growth and digital transformation of the Knauf Group. 500 experts are supporting colleagues and customers with modern IT solutions and services.
The Knauf Group is a proud equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment and therefore base all our employment selection decisions, within all aspects of our business, on experience, skill, and integrity. We strongly encourage applicants from all walks of life to apply for our positions, irrespective of age, sex, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, origin, religion, etc.
- Plants & Engineering
- Germany - Kitzingen (near Würzburg)
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Germany - Kitzingen (near Würzburg)
Workplace & Culture
(Click below to explore more)
About Knauf IT
Knauf IT is a driving force behind the global growth and digital transformation of the family-owned Knauf Group, one of the world's leading manufacturers of building materials. More than 500 experts at Knauf IT are supporting 40,000 employees and the customers of the Knauf Group with modern IT solutions and services at over 300 locations worldwide. Our corporate values of humanity, partnership, commitment and entrepreneurial spirit form the basis for the successful growth to more than 12,6 billion Euro annual sales.
(Senior) Data Scientist (m/f/d)
Loading application form