We are on an exciting journey building a digital environment for the Knauf Group that is as groundbreaking as our products for the construction industry. If you are looking for a global impact that is shaped by values such as entrepreneurship, commitment, partnership and Menschlichkeit, this could be the ideal challenge for you.
What you'll do
- Design and implementation of enterprise applications in on premise and multi-cloud environments
- Using best practices to design Knauf's environments and to implement a configuration management infrastructure
- Participating in various projects (e.g. with focus on infrastructure, migration, audits, etc.)
- Design of a secure, scalable, and resilient roadmap in alignment with future and present corporate growth initiatives
- Provide guidance on our highly complex project that requires in-depth knowledge of one or more specialized architecture areas
- Support building strategic infrastructure solutions and developing target operational models to meet their need
Who you are
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Architecture Design and/or Cloud Architectural Patterns for Development, ideally in the Operational Technology and the application stack needed within the manufacturing infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with on premise hardware and hypervisor deployments at scale
- Profound experience in the conception, strategy, and architecture of server platform solutions with a focus on hyper converged solutions
- Previous experience in the design and delivery of systems based on IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings, as well as exposure to different architecture models
- Solid knowledge of security, network, virtualization, load balancer, storage and database
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of the following platforms: GCP, Azure, AWS and in designing, automating, securing and deploying VMware VSphere solutions
We all shape our lives in our own way. As an employer, we are an important part that indirectly supports this with a wide range of offers, as well as providing security and reliability for all employees. This includes, among other things:
Security: Permanent employment contract in a stable, successful family owned business
Flexibility: 38 working hours per week, 30 days of vacation, special leave for certain occasions, flextime account and a wide time window for flexible working and weekly home office days
Fitness and health: Discounts on various sports and leisure activities, active health promotion, company doctor, occupational safety, and more
Time Savings: Private parking and direct access to public transport (train, bus)
Future Planning: Support for capital-forming benefits and offers for personal retirement provisions
Feel Welcome: Welcome days and individual onboarding, company and team events
Personal career and career development: Individual support for extra-occupational studies, further education and training courses
Benefits and vouchers: Employee discounts with well-known brands as well as discounted employee purchasing
- Relocation Support
Inspiring work environment: Our newly designed New Work office offers you an environment that fosters creativity and productivity. We love coming together as a team here!
Knauf as an employer
Knauf is an international market leader in the building materials' industry. About 41,500 employees at over 300 locations worldwide generate a turnover of over 15,4 billion euros. The foundation of our success as family business are our corporate values of humanity, partnership, commitment and entrepreneurial spirit. As a subsidiary, Knauf Digital GmbH has the mandate to drive commercial excellence through digitalization for all companies of the Knauf Group globally. Our mission is to rethink what it means to provide value to our customers and thereby drive growth for our businesses around the world.
The Knauf Group is a proud equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment and therefore base all our employment selection decisions, within all aspects of our business, on experience, skill, and integrity. We strongly encourage applicants from all walks of life to apply for our positions, irrespective of age, sex, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, origin, religion, etc.