We are on an exciting journey building a digital environment for the Knauf Group that is as groundbreaking as our products for the construction industry. If you are looking for a global impact that is shaped by values such as entrepreneurship, commitment, partnership and Menschlichkeit, the position of SAP Basis Specialist could be the ideal challenge for you.
What you'll do
- Manage and support daily operations in medium to large SAP environments around the clock.
- Perform regular maintenance tasks and lead successful installations and upgrades.
- Administer and configure HANA, DB4, and MaxDB databases.
- Execute proactive performance analysis and optimization across all SAP technology layers.
- Provide a strong governance by administrate and deploy services in SAP Business Technology Platform
- Monitor and troubleshoot problems in SAP systems.
- Provide technical advice to our stakeholder and business partner
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and optimize existing SAP solutions
Who you are
- Proven track record in successfully administering complex SAP environments.
- IT Service Management certification (ITIL) demonstrating expertise in IT service delivery and management.
- Strong service attitude and proactive team player, committed to delivering exceptional customer service
- Analytical approach and problem-solving mentality, with a "can-do" attitude and a focus on getting things done efficiently
- Fundamental technical project lead experience is desirable, demonstrating the ability to manage technical projects from start to finish
- Previous experience in managing stakeholders at various levels is also desirable, with a proven ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships
- Excellent communication skills, with a talent for enabling and empowering teams to achieve success
- Positive, collaborative personality with a creative, analytical mindset and a passion for staying up-to-date with emerging technologies
- Fluent in English, with proficiency in German will be an asset
We all shape our lives in our own way. As an employer, we are an important part that indirectly supports this with a wide range of offers, as well as providing security and reliability for all employees. This includes, among other things:
Security: Permanent employment contract in a stable, successful family owned business
Flexibility: A wide time window for flexible working and weekly home office days
Fitness and health: Discounts on various sports and leisure activities, active health promotion, private health care, occupational safety, and more
Time Savings: parking and direct access to public transport (train, bus)
Feel Welcome: Welcome days and individual onboarding, company and team events
Personal career and career development: Individual support for extra-occupational studies, further education and training courses
Benefits and vouchers: Employee vouchers and discounts with well-known brands as well as discounted employee purchasing
Inspiring work environment: Our nicely designed office offers you an environment that fosters creativity and productivity. We love coming together as a team here!
Knauf as an employer
Knauf is an international market leader in the building materials' industry. About 40,000 employees at over 300 locations worldwide generate a turnover of over 12,6 billion euros. The foundation of our success as family business are our corporate values of humanity, partnership, commitment and entrepreneurial spirit. Knauf IT, headquartered in Kitzingen, Germany, is an important driver of the global growth and digital transformation of the Knauf Group. 500 experts are supporting colleagues and customers with modern IT solutions and services.
The Knauf Group is a proud equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment and therefore base all our employment selection decisions, within all aspects of our business, on experience, skill, and integrity. We strongly encourage applicants from all walks of life to apply for our positions, irrespective of age, sex, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, etc.